At United Way's annual meeting and campaign celebration, Campaign Chairman Tom Glenn presented several companies and volunteers with awards for their tremendous efforts that helped to push the 2011 campaign past the stretch goal. Nominees for the Company of the Year awards were assessed on participation, fundraising, leadership and other aspects of campaign involvement. Winners were determined by a panel of judges.
The following companies and volunteers were recognized for excelling in their United Way campaign efforts:
- Large Company of the Year – Shaw Industries
- Mid-sized Company of the Year – CIGNA
- Small Company of the Year – SE Tennessee Development District
- Chairman's Award – Hospice of Chattanooga and McKee Foods
- Best First Campaign – American Fixture & Display, Hamilton Plastics, and Valmont Industries
- Employee Campaign Manager of the Year – Gina Hatler, Hamilton County Government
- Campaign Volunteer of the Year – Sandra Brewer, Brewer Media Group
- North Georgia Campaign Volunteer of the Year – Shaw Industries Campaign Team
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!