For Updated Disaster Services Needs and Volunteer Opportunities, go to News and Events
Siskin’s Children’s Institute needs volunteers to help the Spring Carnival on April 28th from 9:30am-12:30pm. Duties will involve helping with games, providing directions, serving food.
Epilepsy Foundation of Southeast Tennessee - Restaurants, bakeries, or caterers are needed to participate in a competition for Chattanooga's best chocolate dish at the 5th Annual Chocolate Fling to benefit the Epilepsy Foundation of Southeast Tennessee. This event will be held on Sunday April 29th from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
HubFest 2012 needs volunteers to help with set-up, concessions, parking and assist with break-down. HubFest will be held at Heritage Park (Jenkins Rd. just off E. Brainerd Rd) on Saturday, May 12, 2012. Shifts are 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
Foster Grandparents Program needs volunteers, fifty-five (55) years of age or older, to serve twenty hours per week tutoring special-needs children in one of 39 non-profit agencies, such as day care centers, mentoring sites, schools, hospitals, special education departments and centers, and Head Start centers.
Chattanooga Area Food Bank needs volunteers to help prepare food boxes for those in need. Must be at least 16 years old without an adult, with an adult the volunteer must be at least 12 years old.
Chattanooga Room in the Inn needs tutors to work one-on-one with adult students studying for their GED or bachelors degree. Tutors meet with the students once a week for an hour and a half at Room in the Inn, helping with homework or beyond the homework in an area of difficulty. Volunteers must have a college degree themselves and a background in education is preferred. Volunteers are also required to attend an orientation and undergo a routine background check before volunteering.
Northside Neighborhood House needs the following:
- Case management volunteer needed to work with case managers in making follow-up calls to clients (experience in case management/social work needed).
- Afternoon Receptionist volunteer needed to answer phones and greet clients/donors as they enter; making appointments for clients; general office duties when requested (must have knowledge of databases).
- After School volunteer needed to guide the NNH children on their academic and behavioral growth by providing tutoring to five to thirteen year olds in all subject areas and assist with projects and studying for upcoming tests.
- Thrift Store Assistant needed to help with store donations - sorting and hanging clothing, taking priced clothing to sales floor, putting out priced household items, making price tags, etc.
Signal Centers needs the following:
- Assistive Technology volunteers needed to assist staff with adapting toys for children and individuals with disabilities; and
- Chattanooga Children's Program needs volunteers with experience working with typically developing children and children with special needs (experience preferred, but not required). Volunteers are placed in classrooms and assist teachers and staff with playground supervision, agency wide events, art activities within the classroom, preparation of materials, etc.
- Employment Specialist volunteer needed to assist with answering phones, filing. Volunteer will gain valuable experience working along with the Client Employment Specialist.
- Marketing & Agency Development volunteer needed to assist with special events, fundraising, web & graphic design and creating new marketing tools.
- Adult Day Service volunteer needed to work one on one with clients while assisting the Adult Day Service Director with crafts and games.
Partnership for Families Children and Adults needs volunteers to help answer calls for the 24/7 crisis hotline. Volunteers must have required training. Flexible schedules are available.
The Samaritan Center needs the following:
- On Call Volunteers - volunteers who want to be available on an on call basis to help with various projects.
- Clothes Sorters needed to help sort and organize clothes at the thrift shop, mornings or afternoons, Monday through Thursday.
- Thank You Artist needed to help create colorful messages and pictures on correspondence.
- Donation Pickup Assistant needed to help drive agency truck for large pickups, involves heavy lifting.
Catholic Charities needs volunteer for administrative assistant work. Duties will involve answering phones, filing, and other clerical task.
United Way’s Volunteer Center:
- Volunteers needed to serve as Project Coordinators for upcoming events planned through the Volunteer Center.