The City of Chattanooga Department of Neighborhood Services and Community Development announces the launch of the application period for its 2013 Home Repair Program. This program provides free home repair assistance to qualifying Chattanooga residents. The dates of the upcoming project are July 8-July 20, 2013. The deadline for receiving applications is March 14 at 4:00 p.m.
The program is administered in partnership with World Changers, a home repair ministry of the North American Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention and Lifeway Student Ministries. World Changers provides Christian youth and adults with opportunities to meet the physical and spiritual needs of others through practical learning experiences that teach servanthood and personal commitment to missions. Locally, World Changes has served 353 households within the City of Chattanooga since 2001.
To be eligible for assistance applicants must be 62 years of age or older or disabled, and reside in the home that is to be repaired. Applicants must be low income according to Housing and Urban Development (HUD) guidelines, be a resident of Chattanooga, have City and County property taxes paid through December 2012, and have not received home repair assistance from the City of Chattanooga or Chattanooga Neighborhood Enterprises’ Weatherization Program in 2010, 2011, or 2012 and have not received roofing repair assistance from the City of Chattanooga (World Changers) or Chattanooga Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO) in 2010, 2011, or 2012.
Interested individuals and prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to attend one of several technical assistance workshops designed to educate individuals on the application process:
- Wednesday, January 30, City Hall, Veranda Conference Room, Third Floor, 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, February 5, Avondale Recreation Center, 1305 Dodson Avenue, 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, February 12, Eastgate Senior Center, Eastgate Town Center, Suite C-10-11, 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, February 13, Lookout Valley Recreation Center, 3202 Kelley’s Ferry Road, 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, February 19, The Bethlehem Center, 200 West 38th Street, 10:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, February 20, Washington Hills Recreation Center, 4628 Oakwood Drive, 11:30 a.m.
- Monday, March 4, Parks and Recreation Administrative Offices, 1102 S. Watkins Street, 10:00 a.m.
For more information regarding the program or to receive an application please contact Vanessa A. Jackson, Program Specialist (423) 425-3741.