Tournament schedule and other items of importance
What you can plan on at the tournament
Following is the schedule of activities for the tournament, as they stand now, plus some other good to know stuff regarding The Honors and the United Way Frank McDonald Memorial Golf Classic.
6:30a -- Gates to the Honors are open and check-in begins. Biscuit breakfast provided pre-tee off outside the clubhouse.
NOTE: Please drive to the clubhouse circle to drop off your clubs. Parking is always an issue, so a cart shuttle will be available for those have to park away from the clubhouse. If you can carpool with your team, please do so!
6:45a -- Continental breakfast is served in front of the clubhouse
6:45a (or as light permits) -- Driving range/practice putting open (weather-dependent).
8:00a -- Morning flight shotgun start. Your team will be provided carts and a caddy. Please prepare accordingly. Suggested gratuity $20 per bag.
11:00a -- Afternoon round check-in begins. Please drive to the front circle. Parking will be scarce, so cart shuttle will be available. Carpool with your team, if possible. Driving range and practice putting available.
**NOTE** Afternoon round players should complete their shopping at the Titleist Store BEFORE they begin their round!
11:30a -- Lunch, sponsored by Hamico Foundation, is served on the clubhouse patio in advance of morning flight awards ceremony.
1:00p – Afternoon flight shotgun start. Your team will be provided carts and a caddy. Please prepare accordingly. Suggested gratuity $20 per bag.
6:00p – Evening reception and awards ceremony, sponsored by Hamico Foundation, will begin on the clubhouse patio at the end of the second round.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THE TITLEIST STORE: As part of your gift package, you'll receive a $100 credit at the Titleist Store, which will be located on the patio. Morning round players, please plan to do your shopping after your scheduled round. Afternoon players, please arrive in plenty of time to shop the store before your round.
Things you should know
- Tournament format: Select drive, 2-best ball
- Non-metal spikes or spike-less shoes are required.
- Dress code: Khakis or Bermuda-length shorts and collared shirts. NO mock turtlenecks.
- Suggested gratuity for your caddy: $10-$20 per bag
- Beverages and snacks will be provided at several course locations compliments of BI-LO, Coca-Cola and Budweiser. There will be no need for you to bring a cooler.
- An Honors Course Golf Professional will detail rules and regulations prior to the start of each round. His remarks will be very important!
- Questionable weather? Call the clubhouse to check tournament play status. You may contact the course by calling (423) 238-4272